Friday, April 9, 2010

"You made the best dinner!"

I am very lucky the my girls are great eaters. They love to eat most veggies too. Tonight I made one of our favorite dinners while Jeff's at work. We had homemade pesto sauce over pasta with shrimp, fresh veggies and hot from the Raley's oven French bread. While we were eating Allison shouted, "You made the best dinner!" I love to hear that especially since I'm not the best cook! Their other dinner fav is salmon, rice and green beans! How'd I get so lucky?!

What also made it a great dinner was the fact that they were so eager to eat all their veggies. Emma isn't much for salads, but she'll eat cut up veggies not in a salad. It's a quick and easy way to serve veggies with dinner. Most night I serve the girls their food. Sometimes though I like to just put the plate on the table and let them help themselves. They are always so good at taking a healthy serving of their veggies!

Allison makes a crazy face because she is literally thrilled to be eating her veggies first!! Yes, I did say thrilled. She couldn't wait to eat her baby cucumbers and snap peas we'd just bought at Costco.

My sweet Emma gives a sincere smile showing her appreciation for a yummy dinner. I love you girls!
April 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment