Friday, April 9, 2010

Tide Pool Fun

Before heading back home, I wanted to take the girls to the beaches in Monterey. We ate lunch on Cannery Row and there was a beach right behind our restaurant. The girls and I walked down to check out the tide pools. Emma loved it and wanted to get in the water. Allison, on the other hand, still isn't quite sure of the waves and the ocean. She didn't want to get too close.

Allison did get close enough to the tide pools to hold a little sea snail. She thought that was pretty cool. After she held it we put it right back where we found it. There was another girl looking in the same tide pool we were. She was actually standing in it and collecting little creatures in a Dreyer's ice cream cup. I pointed out to Emma and Allison a little fish I saw swimming in the pool and she came right over and grabbed it and put it in her cup. I was so mad! I had just been explaining to the girls that when ever we pick something up from the tide pool, we have to put it back in the exact same spot. I asked the girl what she was going to do with the cup full of sea critters and she just ignored me. I asked her to put them back where she found them and she walked away. Where were her parents?!




Emma is becoming quite the photographer! She took this picture of Allison and me. Then a lady asked if she could take a picture of all three of us. Love this one together with my girlies at the beach in Monterey!

No comments:

Post a Comment