Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Roller Derby?!

The girls both got skates for Christmas from Aunt Bonnie. Finally, they got a chance to try them out. Jeff helped Emma with her new purple roller blades. She wasn't too sure about this skating business...good thing we had some knee pads and a helmet. Emma has been ice skating a couple times so I knew she would catch on quick.

Allison, on the other hand, never skated before. She was adamant though that she get a pair of skates too. Grandma Judy was the brave one to take Allison for her first spin on roller skates!

Funny story about her skates...back when she opened up her gift from Aunt Bonnie she was so excited she got a pair of skates like Emma. She was looking at the package kinda funny though. The package was such that it had one skate on display outside of the package while the other skate was packaged inside the box. She kept looking at the package and finally said, "I only got one skate!" Silly girl!

After a few minutes of guidance from Daddy and Grandma Judy, they girls were off and skating on their own! Go girlies go!



I didn't want to miss out on all the fun, so I put on my roller blades after they were comfortable in their skates. I hadn't skated since before I was pregnant with Emma! I would roller blade from my house to the gym in the morning. Great workout! Happy to say though that my skills came back to me pretty quick :) Good thing were were no pebbles on the sidewalk. They would've been sure to send me flyin'!

It was time to head home after a fun adventure to and at Grandma Judy and Grandpa Carl's house for this Wednesday night dinner! We biked from our house to their (about 3 miles). I pulled the girls in the trailer and Jeff rode behind us. Then Jeff rode back home to pick up the car, skates, camera and Creek. As we were getting ready to leave, we had to stuff it all in the back of the Suburban. Poor Creek didn't have much space with all my Relay For Life boxes already in there, my bike, the trailer, the purple and blue jumpies for our play date the next day, helmets and the skate bags! Do we need a bigger car?!
April 7, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment