Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mom and Dad Say, "Let's Play Ball!"

Mom and Dad both play on their Woodbridge softball teams. When Uncle Skip came for a visit the girls and I headed over for their Saturday morning games.

Dad's team was up first...

I didn't get really good pictures of Dad because I didn't have my camera on the fence. Therefore, the fence is more focused than Dad. I have to go to another game so that I can get some better pictures of Dad in action.

It's a big hit! He's off and running. Go, Dad, go!

The guys are waiting for their next at bat...

Dad eagerly awaiting his turn...

Mom's game was next. Bring on the Diamond Gals!

Dad was roped into being the home plate umpire for Mom's game. It was his first time doing that job! Of course he kept home plate neat and tidy. I wouldn't expect anything less!

Mom's up and...

...gets a big hit!

Look at her run! Way to go, Mom!

Now it's time to field the balls. She sure makes a great short stop.

She's always ready and waiting to make the next big play.

Allison was rooting for Grandma and Grandpa on while playing on the bleachers and the pole.

Emma had fun cheering for Grandma and Grandpa too!

Uncle Skip, Dianne, Daphne, Allison and I made up the cheering section for the games. I love that Mom and Dad have a place to keep so active and be a part of a community where there are so many wonderful opportunities to become involved with sports, hobbies and philanthropy.
Woodbridge Sluggers...what a team!
June 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment