Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crazy Thursdays!

I love working part time. It affords me many opportunities to spend time with my girls. Thursdays are just what job sharing allows me to do. They are exhausting, but so worth it! Above is a photo of some of the days events...

7:45: Take Emma to school

8:15: Dress Allison in the car (she never wants to get dressed before we leave the house!). Meet
my Moms Running Wild group to get in my 3 mile run. Allison plays with her friends at the park while us moms run and take turns watching the kiddos play. Today I even ran some papers I graded last night to school while I made my loops around the neighborhood. We meet at a park very close to my school. Very convenient!

9:40: Leave the park and head to ballet. Here we do another change of clothes; need our tutu,
tights and leotard on!

10:00: Ballet with Ms. Barbara.

10:45: Ballet ends and we change into our gymnastics leotard.

11:00: Walk to Barista's for our mango smoothie and Parmesan cheese bagel. Today we even
visited with Auntie Mo and Brooke for a few minutes at the salon by Barista's.

11:15: Drive to gymnastics.

11:30: Jumping, running, flipping and turning is so much fun. I have been so proud of Allison
during her gymnastics class. There are several girls that do not listen well at all and my sweet girl resists the temptation (most of the time!) to join in on the sillies! She has evenearned extra stamps for her good listening!

12:20: Change back into regular clothes and drive to Papa Carlol's house. Today he took Allison,
Danielle and Darrian to Darren's pre-school graduation.

12:40: I run home to shower, make the bed with freshly washed sheets and answer a few
emails.

1:40: Time to head to Emma's class for my weekly volunteer time slot. I help with math centers
from 2-3:30 each week. Today we worked on input output charts for double and triple digit addition.

3:00: We had to leave school 30 minutes early to pick up Allison and head to Dr. Solomon's office for Emma's dentist appointment. Teeth looked good today! :)

3:45: Drive to Just Run...Emma's weekly running clinic. Today I left both girls with Lora so I could fulfill my silent auction obligation from last week's carnival.

4:00: Pick up my Fresh Edibles veggie co-op tray and one from my friend, Amy, who is out of
town.

4:15: Drop off half of my veggies with my friend, Jen. We share our weekly deliveries because
we can't eat it all on our own each week.

4:30: Meet my colleagues at the mall with the 3 students that bid to go to the movies with us
during the silent auction. We saw Furry Vengeance. Kid flick that had some humorous parts to it.

7:00: Swing by Papa Murphy's and SaveMart to pick up a pizza and salad for the pot luck at school tomorrow.

7:15: Arrive at Lora's to pick up the girls. She's such a wonderful friend. My girls were fed,
bathed and smiling when I arrived. They have so much fun when they're with the Hatch
Family. We even stayed a bit longer so Emma and Sydney could practice their recital
dance in their new costumes. So cute!

8:30: Finally making our way home to read books and go to sleep (in my bed of course!). The
girls always sleep with me while Jeff's at work. I love it and know that it won't last forever.
There is something so safe and comforting knowing that my girls are right there beside me!

9:15: Chat with Carla about science supplies we need for next year.

10:00: Chat with Lora about Parent Club emails.

10:15: Look at the pile of stuff accumulated from the day and wonder where to begin! I really
should begin with balancing the bank statement and clearing the counters from today's chaos, but I choose to BLOG instead!

11:18: Whew! What a day. I love it! Time to start preparing for the next...
May 20, 2010

1 comment:

  1. wow! i'm tired reading your post. moms are always on the run!

    ReplyDelete