Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring is in the Air! Let's Dance!


My beautiful ballerinas decided to play dress-up on the first day of Spring. I brought the dress-up box down and Emma picked out her recital outfit from 2 years ago and Allison picked out Emma's very first recital outfit. It seems like only yesterday (although it was June 2006!) that my little buttercup danced on stage for the very first time to "Build Me Up Buttercup."

My little buttercup back in 2006 dancing at Tracy High in EB Theater.

She was so proud after her performance and loved getting gifts from Grandma Sue and Grandma Judy!


Now, back to 2010...After some dance time outside they decided to go inside and show me what they've been working on in class the past month or so. The recital is coming up again in June and they are both so excited to learn their new dances. Emma will be in 2 dances at her 5th recital (jazz and ballet) and Allison will be in one dance (ballet) as part of her 1st recital. Emma just learned her ballet class is combining with some of the older girls' class that follows hers on Wednesday. She and her 2 friends in the class were just staring in awe at the ballerinas dancing around them and that they get to dance with this year!

I did film some of their moves today and am working on how to post video from my camera. They are so fun to watch in action!

Allison then said, "Mommy you take a pit-ure of my passe?"

Then it was, "Mommy take a pit-ure of me with my baby." She's even looking at me in this photo. She only seems to look at me when she asks for the photo to be taken. If I ask her to smile I get a goofy look and her eyes are no where near looking at the camera!

Emma was next to get her solo shot leaping through the living room in her recital outfit from 2009.
Such a fun day to spend with my girls!
March 20, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment