Thursday, March 25, 2010

Horsetail Hunting

Mom and Dad have a beautiful park-like back yard. Around the pool Dad planted some of these really cool looking plants called Horsetails. Apparently, they are very quick growing and send out a root system in all directions...even under the fence. Lately, Dad has had to go on a walk behind the house to pull up the Horsetails invading the landscape on the other side. Emma and Allison enjoy helping with this task while we're there for Sunday dinners. Today, after swinging with Grandpa on the swing, I hear a little voice at the back door.
"Mommy, can Granpa and me go Horsetail hunting?" asked my sweet little Allison.
"Of course!" I replied.
As they gathered their Horsetail hunting supplies I grabbed my camera and quietly followed them out to capture the moment on film.

Off they go with bucket and Horsetail tool in hand. Those Horsetails don't stand a chance!

Got one! In goes the Horsetail!

Where'd did Allison go?! She is actually hiding behind the bush trying to hunt those Horsetails!

Oops...Shoe fell off. That Horsetail hunting is dangerous work.
Allison says, "Granpa can you put my sue back on. I can't do it."
Grandpa says, "What does your Mother buy you shoes with no laces for? That doesn't make sense! Tell your mother you need new shoes!"

The sue is back on so it is back to hunting those Horsetails again! I am sure next week another Horsetail adventure will begin...
March 25, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment