Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Butterfly Peanut Jelly and Sandwich"

When you ask most 4-year-old little girls what they want to be for Halloween, many say something like a princess, cheerleader, or maybe even a witch. Not my little Allison. She wanted to be a "butterfly peanut jelly and sandwich!" What is that you ask?!!? It is literally a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the shape of a butterfly! Where on Earth did she come up with that?? Well, she had been eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She had just recently celebrated her birthday with the butterfly sandwich theme. So...put those two together and whala! You have a "butterfly peanut jelly and sandwich!" Love the imagination of my baby girl!

Here's the beginning of my attempt at a butterfly peanut butter and jelly sandwich. First task...locate white foam to cut in the shape of a butterfly. Luckily, Monica found the perfect pattern of a butterfly's wings in the Martha Stewart Halloween magazine. I was able to blow up the pattern and trace the wings on the foam. I cut it out and then painted the edges brown so that it would look like a piece of bread. I was happy with my sandwich so far until...

...the next morning I held the wing-shaped bread up to Allison and realized that it was too wide across...her arms couldn't even peak out the sides of the bread! Back to trimming the crust off the bread and starting over again! I needed my baby to be able to hold her trick-or-treat bag on Halloween night!

October 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment