Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tri For Fun

A spur of the moment race! Amy asked if I wanted to do the Tri For Fun triathlon at Shadowcliffs in Pleasanton. I checked with Jeff and I was in! Jen joined the fun too! We got up bright and early to head to the race for a 7:00 am start time. We didn't get there early enough though! All the bike racks were full and we had to set up our transition area in the trees and bushes next to all the racks!

In the water and ready to go! Jen was brave to go without a wet suit. I think the water was warm enough, but I like the extra buoyancy of the suit :)

Amy was the first out of the water on the 400 yard swim!

I followed shortly behind her..in the blue cap and shortie wet suit. A super ugly picture of me though!

Jen was next out of the water. That crazy girl hadn't swam laps since the last tri she did last summer!

Amy returned from her 13 mile bike ride around the streets of Livermore and Pleasanton.

I forgot to put the slicks back on my bike, so I had to ride the road race with my mountain bike tires. It was wearing on me! Oh, how I would love a road bike!

Jen was full of smiles after every leg of her triathlon.


Amy and I were done! We finished the 3 mile running leg with a smile. Amy finished in 1 hour 21 minutes. I finished in 1 hour 25 minutes. Jen was right behind us with a great time of 1 hour 38 minutes.

It was a fun race and so glad Amy asked us to join her! When's the next one???

August 21, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment