Monday, July 26, 2010

Wharf to Wharf

The day we got home from camping at Camanche for a week, I unloaded the trailer, put away the food and stacked the laundry by the washer to do when I returned from my next adventure. I was already packed and ready to go down to Capitola for the Wharf to Wharf race I trained for for the 6 weeks prior. I picked up my friends, Jen and Colleen and we were off...hard to believe it was 3:30 and I'd just gotten back into town from camping at 1:00!
We arrived in Capitola about 5:30 and found our rental house. We unpacked our belongings and drove to Capitola village to meet up with the rest of our group. Amy, Joan, Raquel, Alison, Laura and Janine were already there. We met up at Zelda's and had a yummy dinner before heading back to the house to prepare for race day!

When we got to the house, I pulled out my clothes for the next day. Emma had slipped a note in my bag for me. It said, "Dear Mommy, I hope you have fun at your race. We love you. Love, Emma & Allison." Oh, it melted my heart! I always leave notes for Emma in her lunch at school and any time I leave for a night I leave both the girls a note. It was the sweetest thing ever that she did it for me too! I folded up her little note and put it in my arm band so I would have it with me during the race.

I am still waiting to get some actual race day pictures...will update those when I get them!

After the race was over, I saved my bib number and used it to take a picture from our house's balcony that overlooked the ocean. What a beautiful setting!

Following the race, Alison, Amy, Raquel, Joan and I put on our suits and headed to the beach for a little R and R. The only bad part was that it was pretty chilly and we had to bundle up. There's nothing better than the salty sea air though!

Moms Running Wild on the beaches of Capitola: Alison, me, Amy and Raquel.


July 25-26, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment